For now, shipping is considered an essential service, so we’ll continue serving our customers online and taking your safety seriously.
In regards to our associates in the fulfillment center and all visitors, we started taking extensive measures over two weeks ago, including:
- All associates within each fulfillment center are required to wear protective gloves and safety masks.
- All visitors, vendors, contractors, carrier partners, and drivers required to put on PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and complete temperature checks before entering for inbound freight dropoff, outbound load pickup, or service work within our buildings.
- All meetings are in small groups of 10-15 people and follow social distancing practices, so everyone is still able to hear the message.
- We’ve extended our paid sick days for employees to give them more time to properly recover.
- We’ve increased cleaning and disinfecting to be done hourly, with cleaning all surfaces done multiple times per hour.
- The attendance policy is on freeze so employees have more flexibility, and we have banned all overtime to ensure our employees are getting enough rest.
We take safety seriously and so is our fulfillment center. As always, MCBD Ships Free.